About Me

a ronin artist; forever master-less and in search of enlightenment through craft, while engaging in drawing, painting, music, writing, filmmaking, illustration, design, and of course, storytelling.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cardboard Reminiscing Past Lives...

Prompt: Create a 3D form out of a 4x6 ft. piece of cardboard, without cutting away or adding. The structure must unfold back into the 4x6 cardboard in one piece.


Concept: I wanted to do something organic, and the tree idea is kind of satyrical theme I’ve been playing around with lately. But apparently I completely missed the point of this assignment, and was extremely “left of field…and way beyond the prompt”, etc, etc. It has too many representations of iconic things, and most of all; it incorporated too many ideas into one small project. In the words of my professor, “you were biting off more than you could chew”. I think I’ve finally learned his definition of “sculpture” versus “form”.

Overall, I have no idea what I’m doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment